< Thoughts & Readings


Sunday, March 14, 2004  

Selections from The Letters of Shaykh Mawlay al-'Arabi ad-Darqawi Know, may Allah have mercy on you! that when the faqir changes the remembrance of all things for the remembrance of Allah, his slaveness for Allah is purified and made sincere. When his slaveness is pure and sincerely Allah's, he is the wali of Allah. Remember only Allah and be Allah's alone. Whoever belongs to Allah, Allah is his. How happy is the one who belongs to Allah and Allah is his! His words, may He be exalted! about the virtue of dhikr of Allah is enough, "Remember me and I will remember you" (Qur'an 2:152). The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said in that which he related from his Lord, the Great, the Majesty, "I sit with the one who remembers Me." My master, may Allah be pleased with him! used to say to me, "I like what I hear said against you." Al-'Arabi ad-Darqawi is like that. He likes what he hears said against you which kills the self and gives life to your hearts, and not the opposite. Only the heedless ignorant man, whose inner eye is dull and secret is dark, is concerned with what gives life to the self and kills the hearts. Man has only one heart. Wherever he turns in one direction, he turns away from the other since "Allah does not give a man two hearts in his breast" (Qur'an 33:4) as Allah ta'ala said. The lofty Shaykh, Sayyidi Ibn 'Ata'illah, may Allah be pleased with him, said, "Your turning to Allah is your turning away from creation. Your turning to creation is your turning from Allah." One of the brothers said to me, "I am nothing." I told him, "Do not say 'I am nothing.' Do not say 'I am something.' Do not say 'Something concerns me.' Do not say 'Nothing concerns me.' Say 'Allah' and you will see wonders." -Shaykh Mawlay al-'Arabi ibn Ahmad ad-Darqawi, The Darqawi Way - The Letters of Shaykh Mawlay al-'Arabi ad-Darqawi (Rasa'il Mawlay al-'Arabi ad-Darqawi)



posted by SuFiSTiC | 3/14/2004 07:05:00 AM |
As for him who fears to stand before his Lord and restrains the ego its desires, the Garden is shelter.
(The Snatchers:40)
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The Fire is surrounded by all kinds of desires and passions, while Paradise is surrounded by all kinds of disliked, undesirable things."
(Bukhari)
Whoever does good at night is rewarded during the day and whoever does good during the day is rewarded at night. Whoever is sincere in abandoning a desire is saved from catering to it. God is too noble to punish a heart that has abandoned a desire for His sake.
(Abu Sulayman ad-Darani)
Beware of your ego, and trust not its mischief;
The ego is worse than seventy devils.
(Arabic Poem)
Abu Bakar Balkhi
Md Mubaraq
Md Firdaus
JoeTiger
Singapore
tag-board.com
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)




Thoughts & Readings Feed Count






random | list all

www.blogwise.com

Feedback by backBlog

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?


I seek God's forgiveness, and do not claim that my intention in producing this Blog is confined to good religious purposes; how may I do so when I am aware of the hidden desires, egotistic passions, and worldly wishes that I harbour? I do not claim innocence for myself; the ego is indeed an inciter to evil, save when my Lord shows mercy; my Lord is indeed Forgiving, Merciful. O God! I seek Your protection against my committing idolatry [shirk] knowingly, and Your forgiveness for that of which I am not aware! I ask God to make me and all other believers benefit from this Blog and to render my production of it purely for the sake of His Noble Countenance.

Google
Search WWW Search Thoughts & Readings


FastCounter by bCentral