< Thoughts & Readings


Wednesday, July 21, 2004  

Divine Teachings   God Almighty says, "Son of Adam, when you remember Me, you thank Me. When you forget Me, you are ungrateful to Me. Give out: I will give to you. I am with My servant when he remembers Me and moves his lips to mention Me. I will not join two fears for My servant and I will not join two securities for him. If he fears Me in this world, he will not fear Me in the Next World. If he feels safe form Me in this world, he will not feel safe from Me in the Next World. Where are those who love one another? By My majesty, today I will shade them in My shade! I am according to My servant's opinion of Me, and I am with him when He calls on Me."   God will say to the person with the least punishment in the Fire, "If you had all the wealth in the earth, would you ransom yourself with it?" "Yes," he will reply. He will then say, "I asked you for what was less than this while you were still in the loins of Adam: to not associate anything with Me. You refused to do anything other than commit shirk. Pride is My cloak and Immensity is My wrapper. If anyone contends with Me for one of them, I will make him enter the Fire.   "This is the religion with which I am pleased for Myself. It is only suited to those who are generous and have good character, so honor it with those two qualities as long as you are with it.   "Moses, You will not draw near to Me with anything which I love more than contentment with My decree. You will not perform any action more likely to preserve your good deeds than examination of your affairs. Moses, do not beg from the people of this world so that I become angry with you, and do not use the religion to refurbish this world so that the doors of My mercy are shut against you. Moses, tell the repentant believers, 'Good news! Tell the humble believers, 'Avoid and do good!' I have prepared for My righteous servants what no eye has seen nor ear has heard nor has occurred to the heart of man. "Anyone who hopes for other than Me does not know Me. Anyone who does not know Me does not worship Me. Anyone who does not worship Me deserves My wrath. If anyone fears other than Me, My revenge will descend on Him. Moses, fear three. Fear Me, fear your lower self and fear the one who does not fear Me.   "Son of Adam, as long as you call upon Me and are hopeful of Me, I forgive you for what happened in the past and I do not care. Son of Adam, if the extent of your wrong actions were to reach the heavens and then you were to ask for My forgiveness, I would forgive that and would not care. Son of Adam, if you were to come to Me with enough wrong actions to fill the earth and meet Me without associating with Me, I would meet you with the same account of forgiveness."   When the servant says, "In the Name of God, the All-Merciful, Most Merciful," God says, "My servant has remembered Me." When he says, "Praise be to God, the Lord of all the worlds," God says, "My servant has praised Me." When he says, "The All-Merciful, the Most Merciful," God says, "My servant has lauded Me." When he says, "The King of the Day of Judgment," God says, "My servant has glorified Me and My servant has entrusted to Me." When he says, "You alone we worship. You alone we ask for help," God says, "This is between Me and My servant, and My servant will have what He asks for." When he says, "Guide us on the Straight Path, the Path of those whom You have blessed, not of those with anger on them, nor of the misguided," God says, "Those are for My servant and My servant will have what He asks for." When he says, "Amin," God says, 'I have answered. Sincerity is one of My mysteries which I have entrusted in the heart of those I love among My servants. When I take the two things precious to My servant in this world, meaning his eyes, he will have no reward with Me except the Garden."   The Messenger of God (may blessings and peace be upon him) said, "At the end of time men will emerge who obtain this world by the religion and they will don the skins of lambs for people by the gentleness of their tongues, sweeter than honey, while their hearts are the hearts of wolves." God says, "They are remiss towards Me or are insolent towards Me. I swear that I will send against those of them a sedition which will leave those of them who are forbearing bewildered."   The Messenger of God (may blessings and peace be upon him) said, "A descendant of Adam will be brought on the Day of Rising like a chicken to be slaughtered. He will be made to stand before God Almighty and God will say, 'I gave to you, granted to you and I blessed you. Then what did you do?' He will say, 'I gathered it, made it bear fruit and left it more than it was, so return to me.' He will ask, 'Show Me what you sent ahead.' He will reply, 'O Lord, I gathered it, made it bear fruit and left it more than it was, so return me and I will bring it to You.' Then a servant who did not sent forward and good will be taken to the fire."   "Son of Adam, devote yourself to My worship and I will fill your breast with wealth and satisfy your needs. If you do not do it, I will fill your body with work and I will not satisfy your needs. Son of Adam, if you saw how little remains of your term, you would be ascetic in what you hope for, curtail your avarice and devices, and strive to increase your good deeds. You will have cause to regret if you slip into error when your family and entourage bid you farewell. The lover will leave you and your relatives will take leave of you. Then you will not return to your family nor add to your actions, so work for the Day of Resurrection, the Day of regret and grief."   God said, "I accept the prayer from the one who is humble to My immensity in it and is not arrogant towards My creation, who does not persist in disobeying Me, and spends his day remembering Me, showing mercy to the wretched, travelers and widows, and showing mercy to those who are afflicted. The light of such a person is like the light of the sun. By My might, he is guarded and preserved by My angels. I appoint a light for him in the darkness and knowledge in ignorance. His example in My creatures is like Paradise is in the Garden."   "Moses, I taught you five statements which are the foundation of the religion. As long as you do not know that My kingdom has departed, do not stop obeying Me. As long as you do not know that My treasures have run out, do not be concerned about Your provision. As long as you do not know that your enemy has died, do not feel safe that he will not surprise you and do not stop fighting him. As long as you do not know that I have forgiven you, do not criticize wrongdoers. As long as you have not yet entered My Garden, do not feel safe from My deceit."   The Messenger of God (may blessings and peace be upon him) said, "Lord, teach me something by which I can remember You and pray to You." He said, "Moses, say, "There is no god but God." Moses said, "Lord, all of Your servants say this." He said, "Say, 'There is no god but God.'" He said, "There is no god but You. I want something special to me." He said, "Moses, if the seven heavens and their inhabitants and the seven heavens and their inhabitants were to be placed in one scale and 'There is no god but God' in the other scale, 'There is no god but God' would outweigh them."   God said to Muhammad (may blessings and peace be upon him), "Muhammad, does it not please you that no one says a prayer on you but that I say a prayer over him ten times? And that no one prays for peace for you but that I pray for peace for him ten times?"   God says, "My love is mandatory for those who love one another in Me and sit together for My sake and who visit one another for My sake and who give generously to one another for My sake."   God Almighty says, "O world! Serve the one who serves Me. O world! Exhaust the one who serves you." God says, "If I make My servant's body sound and expand his livelihood for him, and five days pass for him without him fleeing to Me, then he is bereft."   The Messenger of God (may blessings and peace be upon him) said, "God will make a man of my Community stand in front of creatures on the Day of Rising and ninety-nine scrolls will be unfurled for him, each scroll extending as far as the eye can see. Then He will say to him, 'Do you not deny any of this? Have My recording guardian angels wronged you at all?' He will reply, 'No, Lord.' He will ask, 'Do you have an excuse?' He will reply, 'No, Lord.' He will say, 'Yes, if you have a good action with Me. There will be no wrong done to you today,' and He will produce a card which says, "I testify that there is no god but God and I testify that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger."' He will say, 'Attend your weighing.' He will say, 'O Lord, what is this card in relation to these scrolls?' He will say, 'You will not be wronged.' The scrolls will be placed in one scale and the card in one scale. The scrolls will vanish and the card will be heavy. There is nothing heavy in the face of the Name of God."   The Messenger of God (may blessings and peace be upon him) said, "They (i.e. the angels) will stand before God and testify, i.e. to the servant's righteous actions which were done sincerely for God. God will tell them, 'You are the guardians of My servant's actions but I watch what is in his heart. He did not intend Me by this action but instead desired other than Me, and so he merits My curse.'"   The Messenger of God (may blessings and peace be upon him) said, "On the Day of Resurrection, God will descend to the servants to judge them while every nation is kneeling. The first among those to be summoned will be a man who learned the Qur'an, a man who fought in the Way of God and a man with a large amount of wealth. God will say to the reciter, 'Did I not teach you what I revealed to My Messenger?' He will reply, 'Yes, Lord.' He will ask, 'What did you do with what you learned?' He will reply, 'I used to stand in prayer reciting it at the ends of the night and the ends of the day.' God will tell him, 'You lied,' and the angels will say, 'You lied.' God will say, 'You recited so that it might be said, "So-and-so is a reciter." That was said.' The wealthy person will be brought and God will ask, 'Did I not enrich you so that I did not leave you in need of anyone?' He will reply, 'Yes, Lord.' He will ask, 'And what did you do with what I gave you?' He will reply, 'I gave gifts to relatives and I gave charity.' God will say, 'You lied,' and the angels will say, 'You lied.' God will say, 'You wanted people to say, "So-and-so is generous." That was said.' The one who was killed in the Way of God will be brought and God will ask, 'For what were you killed?' He will say, 'I commanded to perform battle in defense of the faith in Your Way. So I fought until I was killed.' God will tell him, 'You lied,' and the angels will say, 'You lied.' God will say to him, 'Rather you wanted for it to be said, "So-and-so is brave." That was said.'"   Then the Messenger of God (may blessings and peace be upon him) struck Ali's knee and said, "Ali, those three will be the first to be burned by the Fire in the Day of Resurrection." When Ali reported this Tradition (hadith), he fainted.   God Almighty says, "So let him who hopes to meet his Lord act rightly and not associate anything in the worship of his Lord" (18:110).   When I want to, I utter good and do good publicly      so that it will be spoken of. When one day I am charitable to a beggar,      I seek gratitude for it so that it will be spoken of. When one day I fight an unbeliever,      I seek renown for it so that it will be spoken of. When I fast a day in the summer, I complain of hunger      in the evening so that it will be spoken of. When I pray and people are with me,      I am slow in my prayer so that it be spoken of. When I am alone, I do it cursorily      since I do not fear that anything will be spoken of. My actions are pride, artifice and showing off.      What stumbling blocks which are not mentioned! Therefore shun me and drive me away from you –      my burdens and sins are heavy. Ask God Almighty for repentance,      with sincere truthfulness, not so that you will be spoken of.   -Muhyi din Ibn al-‘Arabi, The Mysteries of Bearing Witness



posted by Abubak'r | 7/21/2004 04:57:00 AM |
As for him who fears to stand before his Lord and restrains the ego its desires, the Garden is shelter.
(The Snatchers:40)
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The Fire is surrounded by all kinds of desires and passions, while Paradise is surrounded by all kinds of disliked, undesirable things."
(Bukhari)
Whoever does good at night is rewarded during the day and whoever does good during the day is rewarded at night. Whoever is sincere in abandoning a desire is saved from catering to it. God is too noble to punish a heart that has abandoned a desire for His sake.
(Abu Sulayman ad-Darani)
Beware of your ego, and trust not its mischief;
The ego is worse than seventy devils.
(Arabic Poem)
Abu Bakar Balkhi
Md Mubaraq
Md Firdaus
JoeTiger
Singapore
tag-board.com
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)




Thoughts & Readings Feed Count






random | list all

www.blogwise.com

Feedback by backBlog

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?


I seek God's forgiveness, and do not claim that my intention in producing this Blog is confined to good religious purposes; how may I do so when I am aware of the hidden desires, egotistic passions, and worldly wishes that I harbour? I do not claim innocence for myself; the ego is indeed an inciter to evil, save when my Lord shows mercy; my Lord is indeed Forgiving, Merciful. O God! I seek Your protection against my committing idolatry [shirk] knowingly, and Your forgiveness for that of which I am not aware! I ask God to make me and all other believers benefit from this Blog and to render my production of it purely for the sake of His Noble Countenance.

Google
Search WWW Search Thoughts & Readings


FastCounter by bCentral