< Thoughts & Readings


Tuesday, September 06, 2005  

The Balance Between Good and Evil Acts

The man who is either unable or lacks the energy to perform all the possible kind of good works should not abandon them all, but should do whatever he find easy and accessible. For goodness attracts goodness, the small attracts the great, and a little invites plenty. Similarly, whoever is incapable of abandoning all evil must abandon whatever he can, for a mixture of good and evil is better and lighter than total evil. Good works erase sins, as in the hadith that states, “Follow a sin with an act of goodness and it will erase it.” Also, “If you commit a sin, follow it up with an act of goodness and it will be remitted. Follow hidden sins with hidden acts of goodness; public, likewise, with public.” A servant afflicted with evil and transgression must not entirely turn away from God and from good works and obedience, for otherwise there will remain between him and his Lord no avenue for reconciliation or for returning to Him. Let him heed the lesson in the story of the brigand who shed blood and robbed Muslims of their money. A virtuous man once saw the brigand do these things while Fasting. He called to him saying, “How can you do what you are doing yet maintain the Fast?” The man replied, “Indeed, I am leaving open a channel for reconciliation and will not sever all links between myself and my Lord.” Sometime later he saw the robber walking around the Ka’ba having repented. He told him, “The result of that was to reconcile me with my Lord.”

It is evident that a Muslim should maintain complete obedience and a state of entire goodness. However, if this is not possible, if he is being hindered by his ego and his passions, and this leads him into any manner of evil or sin, then he must firmly preserve those acts of obedience which he finds possible and easy.

And God is the Protector, the Praiseworthy One. Knowledge and Wisdom -Imam Abdullah ibn Alawi al-Haddad



posted by DiCrypTor | 9/06/2005 03:09:00 AM |
As for him who fears to stand before his Lord and restrains the ego its desires, the Garden is shelter.
(The Snatchers:40)
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The Fire is surrounded by all kinds of desires and passions, while Paradise is surrounded by all kinds of disliked, undesirable things."
(Bukhari)
Whoever does good at night is rewarded during the day and whoever does good during the day is rewarded at night. Whoever is sincere in abandoning a desire is saved from catering to it. God is too noble to punish a heart that has abandoned a desire for His sake.
(Abu Sulayman ad-Darani)
Beware of your ego, and trust not its mischief;
The ego is worse than seventy devils.
(Arabic Poem)
Abu Bakar Balkhi
Md Mubaraq
Md Firdaus
JoeTiger
Singapore
tag-board.com
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)




Thoughts & Readings Feed Count






random | list all

www.blogwise.com

Feedback by backBlog

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?


I seek God's forgiveness, and do not claim that my intention in producing this Blog is confined to good religious purposes; how may I do so when I am aware of the hidden desires, egotistic passions, and worldly wishes that I harbour? I do not claim innocence for myself; the ego is indeed an inciter to evil, save when my Lord shows mercy; my Lord is indeed Forgiving, Merciful. O God! I seek Your protection against my committing idolatry [shirk] knowingly, and Your forgiveness for that of which I am not aware! I ask God to make me and all other believers benefit from this Blog and to render my production of it purely for the sake of His Noble Countenance.

Google
Search WWW Search Thoughts & Readings


FastCounter by bCentral