< Thoughts & Readings


Sunday, September 25, 2005  

The First Trial: Women

In the case of the trial posed by women, the form of his return to God in his love of them is that he sees that the whole loves that which is a part of it and yearns for it. Thus he only loves himself because originally woman was created from man, from his short rib, and in relation to himself, he puts her in the position of the form on which God created the perfect man. This is the form of the Real. So the Real made her a place of manifestation for him. When something is a place of manifestation for someone, the looker only sees himself in that form. When he sees himself in this woman, his love for her is intense and he inclines to her because she is in his form. It is clear to you that his form is the form of the Real on which He brought him into existence. So he sees only the Real, but it is with the appetite of love and the pleasure of union in which there is true annihilation by sincere love. He meets her with his essence in a meeting of likes. That is why he is annihilated in her. So there is no part of him but that is in her. Love therefore flows throughout all his parts, and all of him is connected to her. That is why annihilation in his like is total annihilation, as opposed to his love for the other than his like. He is unified by his beloved so that he says:

I am the one I love,
and the one that I love is me.

The Mysteries of Bearing Witness to the Oneness of God and Prophethood of Muhammad -Muhyidin Ibn 'Arabi



posted by Rayyan | 9/25/2005 09:19:00 PM |
As for him who fears to stand before his Lord and restrains the ego its desires, the Garden is shelter.
(The Snatchers:40)
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The Fire is surrounded by all kinds of desires and passions, while Paradise is surrounded by all kinds of disliked, undesirable things."
(Bukhari)
Whoever does good at night is rewarded during the day and whoever does good during the day is rewarded at night. Whoever is sincere in abandoning a desire is saved from catering to it. God is too noble to punish a heart that has abandoned a desire for His sake.
(Abu Sulayman ad-Darani)
Beware of your ego, and trust not its mischief;
The ego is worse than seventy devils.
(Arabic Poem)
Abu Bakar Balkhi
Md Mubaraq
Md Firdaus
JoeTiger
Singapore
tag-board.com
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)




Thoughts & Readings Feed Count






random | list all

www.blogwise.com

Feedback by backBlog

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?


I seek God's forgiveness, and do not claim that my intention in producing this Blog is confined to good religious purposes; how may I do so when I am aware of the hidden desires, egotistic passions, and worldly wishes that I harbour? I do not claim innocence for myself; the ego is indeed an inciter to evil, save when my Lord shows mercy; my Lord is indeed Forgiving, Merciful. O God! I seek Your protection against my committing idolatry [shirk] knowingly, and Your forgiveness for that of which I am not aware! I ask God to make me and all other believers benefit from this Blog and to render my production of it purely for the sake of His Noble Countenance.

Google
Search WWW Search Thoughts & Readings


FastCounter by bCentral